Cool down with this lovely melon cooler. Melon is very hydrating and cooling but is not easy to digest with other foods. Be sure to drink it at least 30 minutes before or after eating.
~ Serves 2
- 2 cups deseeded watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, or any other melon you would like to use. A combo of a few is always nice to experiment with.
- A tiny nub of fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup water or coconut water
- 2 large basil or mint leaves
- Juice from half of a lime
- A couple of ice cubes (optional)
- Extra basil or mint and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Add the melon, ginger, ice if using, and lime juice to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Ice will make the texture smoother. Add the basil or mint, and blend on low until you see green specs.
- Serve in 2 glasses or save one glass for later. Garnish with basil or mint and lime wedges if using. Enjoy!